Monday, January 10, 2011

Grateful

I’m feeling grateful today for everyone who sang Do You Have Room? this year. Or played it on the piano. Or listened to it.
I’m especially grateful for everyone who wrote to me about it. As you know, I offered free single copies of the music, and a lot of people took me up on it. Although I couldn’t respond to every message, I read them all, and they made me happy.
Those letters are paychecks for me.
Here are a few of the most recent:

From Kristine:
Your beautiful, sacred, tender uplifting, song has touched our hearts; and brought tears to our eyes.

From LouAnn in Atlanta:
Thank you for your inspirational song. This has to be the number one Christmas message, through song, I’ve ever heard.

From Emy in the Phillipines:
Hi! I am from the Philippines. This song was played before the Mass on December 24. I am part of the choir in our parish and I would love the other members to experience the beauty and heart of this song. It is a gift you give to the world and an act of service to our Lord.
From Ryan, in Virginia:
What a talent you have – to have written such a beautiful song about the Savior. I heard this song for the first time last Sunday and it touched me (and every one in the congregation). God bless you and your family, and Merry Christmas!
From Cathy in Vancouver:
Thank-you for this beautiful song. As life’s trials intensified for me over the past couple of years, I have come to realize that my Sav ior is always there for me, especially when things seem the bleakest and the most lonely. All that is required of me is to invite him in. I have been struggling this Christmas with feelings of despair, but as I listened to your song, I felt such peace and joy in the Lord’s birth, life and atonement. Thank-you for sharing your talents and blessing the lives of strangers.
From Rocio in Mexico:
Thank you for this beautiful song and video it made a difference for me and my family, it helped to prepare our hearts for the true meaning of Christmas.
May God Bless you and thank you for using your gifts and talents for His Praise and Glory, and to bring people close to Him.
From Jonathan, in Pennsylvania:
I just wanted to report back to you that my daughter did a wonderful job with your song at our Christmas Eve service. Obviously it was the first time the folks who came heard it and it was received very well.  We had a pastor from Pittsburgh visiting with us and as soon as the ser­vice was over he asked about the song. I am sure that it will become a favorite (it already has for me).
So maybe you can see why I had a smile on my face the whole Christmas season. If the song helped you enjoy the season a little more, or lifted your spirits for just a moment or two, I’m grateful. Thanks again for listening, and we’ll talk soon.
Shawna

No comments:

Post a Comment